Mission & Goals
Our Motto is to bring all like minded NGO’s on one platform to share ideas, experiences and concerns and explore the possibilities to evolve a supportive network within and across state boundaries, for the larger common purpose of imparting vocational and marketable skills training to those who need it most.
Our Mission is to serve as a collaborative body for mutual support of those engaged in vocational skills training, facilitate advance in this field and promote innovative approaches to reach larger needy populations
- Serve as a resource for mutual benefit of individuals and NGOs working in the field of vocational knowledge transfer.
- Provide a platform for dialogue, share ideas, outcomes and best practices.
Facilitate networking within the rural skills and livelihoods sector
- Promote connectivity to relevant information.
Encourage and support younger workers to emerge as future leaders
Advocacy on curriculum, minimum standards, certification and accreditation of training programs with the Government as necessary.
Inception & History
STARS (“Skills Training for Advancement in Rural Societies”) Forum was established in 2010 with the objective of constituting a common platform for NGOs and individuals working in the area of knowledge-transfer of relevant marketable/vocational skills in rural and tribal populations and also among the urban poor anywhere in India, for mutual support and to advance this field by providing a forum to dialog, problem solve, and facilitate sharing and evolution of best practices & innovative approaches so as to reach as many needy people as possible through practical, relevant and cost effective ways.
Started as an informal group, the activities of the Forum witnessed sustained participation from NGOs, indicating that the platform was not only sustaining but also growing. The STARS Forum was registered as a public trust in 2014 in order to give further impetus to its mission.
Board of Trustees
- Dr. Yogesh Kulkarni, Executive Director, Vigyan Ashram, Pabal (Dist. Pune), Maharashtra
- Shri. Ashok Kalbag, Member, Managing Committee, Vigyan Ashram, Pabal (Dist. Pune), Maharashtra
- Shri. Shekhar Potnis, Vice-President, TiE Pune;
- Shri. Pramod Kulkarni, CEO – Sevavardhini
- Shri. Vivek Sinare, Managing Director, Redefine Skills & Learning Pvt. Ltd.